3211 Martin Luther King Jr. Pwky S
Phenix City, AL 36869
334 291-4000

E-cigs, E-Juice, E-cig Starter Kits,
Vaping Supplies

Serving Columbus GA, Phenix City AL, Smith Station, Opelika & Auburn AL areas

e-cigs Phenix City AL


Mon - Sat: 10am - 8pm
Sun: 12pm - 6pm

What is an E-Cigarette

The e-cigarette is a device that can supply nicotine without the dangers of burning tobacco and harsh chemicals. The e-cigarette was designed by Chinese pharmacist, Hon Lik. Mr. Lik who was seeking to help his sick father dying of lung cancer. After his father passed away, Hon was able to switch from smoking three packs a day to his new invention.

The basic device consist of three main components: the battery, the atomizer and the cartridge.

e-cig diagram

The cartridge contains a mixture of Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin. It may, or may not, include nicotine. The mix is commonly referred to as “e-liquid” or “e-juice.” As the user puffs on the device, a small amount of the e-juice is drawn into the atomizer. The atomizer gently warms the e-juice and produces a smoke-like vapor that primary consists of water. Depending on the size of the battery, the e-cigarette will last 3 to 48 hours between charges.

The atomizer is where all of the stuff happens in an e-cigarette. Inside the atomizer is a device called a bridge (a mesh of small wires that act as a heating component), a micro pump and a circuit board. When activated, using a manual button, or on "automatic" batteries, when the user takes a puff, signals are sent by the circuit board to pump the e-liquid to the bridge and activate the heating element. This results in the e-liquid vaporizing and creating what appears to be smoke, but is actually very similar to the fog that is created by theatrical fog machines. Both use vegetable glycerin.

What is E-Juice

E-liquid or e-Juice can be considered the “tobacco” of the e-cigarette. It is produces the vapor and is consist of the following:

  • Food Grade Propylene Glycol or “PG” (Not to be confused with ethylene glycol or anti-freeze.) PG is recognized as a safe food additive used in foods such as ice cream, soda, sweeteners, icings and many other foods.
  • Vegetable Glycerin also known as vegetable glycerol or “VG.” It is used as a sweetener in chocolate milk, yogurt drinks, cocoa and eggnog, sports drinks, and as an ingredient in a number of cosmetic products. Food-grade vegetable glycerin is 99.7% pure, with the remaining 0.3% being water.
  • Flavoring. E-Liquid flavorings are PG or alcohol based using natural and artificial flavor safe for inhalation. Oil based flavorings are never be used.

Nicotine (optional). Pharmaceutical grade nicotine may be used in e-liquids in strengths between 0-24 mg per milliliter of liquid.

Are E-Cigarettes Safe?

e-cig woman

Based on existing studies (other than the FDA study) the evidence so far has not suggested any conclusive evidence that e-cigarettes are dangerous.

The individual components in e-liquid have been used and tested for nearly 50 years. Both the FDA and EPA have declared VG and PG to be safe.

The ingredients of e-cigs certainly have very little in common with tobacco cigarettes. Nicotine, the only ingredient found in both products, is mainly used to wean smokers off traditional cigarettes and is not one of the harm-inducing ingredients associated with lung cancer in smokers. The other ingredients in the “e-juice” at the core of e-cigs are propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, and food flavorings— all of which are used in other food products.

The currently unregulated customizability of the e-juice allows small businesses to thrive. The availability of e-liquids allows a lot of small stores to open and prosper because they are able to mix their own e-liquid and sell it to consumers without having to go through a big manufacturing process.

These smokeless, tobacco-less, tar-less products are not a cause for concern, or at least not a cause for the same concerns that accompany traditional cigarettes and second-hand smoke.

Vape loud and vape proud!

© Copyright 1999   |   All Rights Reserved   |   Evapor Shoppe   |   3211 Martin Luther King Jr. Pwky S, Phenix City, AL   |   334 291-4000  |   Design/SEO by Risner Web Design

FAQ about e-cigs
3211 Martin Luther King Jr. Pwky S
Phenix City

Company Info

About Us

Contact Us